You’re getting customers through the door, but how can you get them to extend their stay? We have compiled a list of ideas and tips that can be easily implemented at your establishment and may result in your customers wanting to stay, and play, just a little bit longer.
Try on-the-hour giveaways & promotions.
• Try a promotion where players who are at your establishment on the hour change get entered into an instant drawing for free slot play or a prize.
• Set up a prize wheel program in which players can spin the wheel on the hour change for a chance to win free slot play or a free gift. Keep your risk down by including outcomes that say, “Not a winner, try again in an hour!”
If the hour is coming close to an end and customers know you offer a chance to win something on the hour change, they just might stick around and play a little longer.
Evaluate your atmosphere.
• Offering a pleasant environment will make gaming guests feel more comfortable and relaxed.
• Get feedback on your lighting and ambience and adjust if necessary.
• If you play music in your gaming area, make sure it is relaxing and caters to all types of guests.
• Cleanliness is a huge factor in getting your guests to stay longer. Simple upkeep can go a long way.
All of the above general housekeeping will naturally influence your gaming guests to feel at home and in turn, play longer.
Customer service- get your employees to engage with players.
• Is there a new game at your location? Your employees should make customers aware of it. Have your gaming attendants ask customers if they have tried the new title and if not, pitch what the new game features and why they should try it out.
• Your employees are the ones getting to know your customers on a more personal level. If they notice a player favoring a specific game title, have them suggest crossover titles that play similar to what the customer already enjoys playing and encourage them to give them a try.
Capitalize on the senses.
• Brew a fresh pot of coffee. The smell of coffee may entice certain players to grab a cup and play a little longer as they sip.
• If you notice you have a full house, make a pizza or put out some fresh baked cookies and offer to those playing at the machines.
• If you see a player who might be getting ready to leave, tell them you’re putting a complimentary appetizer in for them, and they will stay to play as the appetizer cooks.
Though they may decline, some players may take you up on the offering and indulge, resulting in them playing that additional 5 minutes.
Visuals are subliminally effective.
• Keep monthly winnings on large display near the machines.Display a collection of payout tickets where large amounts have been won to show proof that people are winning at your establishment.
• Highlight your winners in places where other players can see them. It will fuel the belief that they, too, have a chance of winning at your location and may influence them to push that button a few more times.
A little goes a long way.
All of the above strategies are small steps you can implement at your gaming location to get your players to stay (5 minutes) longer which can have a big impact on your bottom line over time.